I mean who wouldn't want to play as NINJAS who fights with sabers and blazing guns in SPACE. NINJAS in SPACE.
There are however multiple problems with this game and in particular the fact that it lacks ANY KIND OF STORYLINE WHATSOEVER. There is no path to follow, you are free to do what you wish, however this is a double edge sword. The ONLY thing that keeps people going is the race for better weapons. Which is utter nonsense because a point of the game should be advancing in the game and continuing on the storyline by upgrading your weapons instead of simply upgrading your weapons for no reason. This game is therefore all about farming, and that CAN be a bit annoying.
(especially when you are with people who simply rush through missions, not even giving you enough time to stop a second)
One can also note that there is an obvious repetition of the scenery which I do not find very varied.
Using the same room in two different levels, ok, deja vu, but it's understandable. Using the same room twice in ONE level: are you kidding me?
Regarding the money spent (since this IS a F2P), I frankly think you can get by without wasting a single cent, and I'm probably right, but seriously, the WHOLE point of the game is the race for cool weapons, IS there a point in simply buying the weapons with real money? I don't think so.
I will however congratulate this game on three things:
First, it's weapon upgrade system, which is pretty nice, (set your ennemies on fire, make them freeze to death and electrocute them all in one weapon).
Second, I sincerely think that I have NEVER, and I mean NEVER seen a better guild hall editor in my life. It is incredible what you can do in there. Only problem is that you cant really edit the walls directly but you can see that they really thought out how they were gonna do this and they did it right! The system for clan halls really works! the time when your small guild of 10 members has to pay the same price as huge 300 player guilds is OVER. And THAT, THAT is something I respect. This innovative touch to make sure that even small groups of people have their fun and aren't forced to join bigger clans.
And third: The game has extremely well made animation and graphics.
That said, the game lacking a story and all, I can't really give it a rating above 7.5, but it's still definitely worth a try (especially since it's free).
Find out more about Warframe on its official website here or on Steam here.
No comments:
Post a Comment